Sunday, August 9, 2009

National Day Parade Heroes!

For the 1st time in my life, i went for the National Day Parade Final Rehersal, which is more or less the same as what we watched on TV tonight. I confess.. i was tearing when i was there watching it live. It was really spectacular and it made me very proud to be a Singaporean. Ok, a bit over-sentimental but trust me, the energy of actually feeling that you are a part of a successful small nation is overwhelming. During the rehersal, it was pouring badly, we all whipped out the raincoats in the goody bag and we hung on and eventually, everybody all equally drenched made our way out in a very giving and orderly manner, paddling in ankle high waters, and left the emotional scene. It was beyond words. It makes you want to contribute your part to make our nation a even better one. 

I think it is overall excellently conceptualised, completed with a fantastic stage set.

I'm so proud of my buddies Randy Chan, who designed the stage (and gave me the tickets without Q-ing haha) and Ivan Heng, the overall Creative Director, who clearly has put in an enormous effort to make a difference to our usually boring National Day Parade. Of course, not forgetting Ah Hock, who did the beautiful dance choreography. 

Such a great job that Singaporeans can be proud of! We are Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment